10 Commandments of Sports Betting
- Have several betting accounts to search for value
- Always be informed, knowledge is power
- Never bet on your own team
- Not every day is a betting day – pick your spots
- Have a staking plan to control your urges
- Never (ever) chase losses
- Follow your sportsbooks on social media sites (they have specials)
- Avoid adding big favourites to parlays/accumulators
- Don’t get tempted by casino games
- Enjoy it!
One of the best ways to make the most from your online betting is to have accounts with several sportsbooks. There will always be variation between the various sites, and one of the best ways to make money is to shop around and find the sportsbook that is offering the best odds on an outcome. Bookmakers aren’t infalliable; they will often make mistakes and price outocomes at odds that are inflated compared to their competitors, this is where having several accounts with cash loaded is useful.
At Mr Sportsbook, we’ll do the research for you! When we suggest a bet we have already scoured the market to find the best priced option available, so you don’t bet at under the going rate.
Sign-up for a range of different sportsbooks with us, and take advantage of the great welcome offers that they offer to new bettors. Each sportsbook offers a slightly different sign-up bonus and offer regular promotions or special offers which are worth signing up for.
For instance; sportsbook.com have a long running NFL offer on any games which go to overtime, while Bovada also run a number of different NFL special money back offers during the season. Signing up with a number of sportsbooks ensures you won’t miss out on any of these offers.
UK based punters will know all about Paddy Power and their money back specials, bet365 have a 100% soccer accumulator bonus and Betfair frequently run offers on big events.